Pomona College Museum Of Art
The fine art collections of Pomona College are housed in the Pomona College Museum of Art, at the Montgomery Art Center, which was inaugurated in 1958 and named for the late Gladys K. Montgomery, Pomona trustee and Los Angeles civic leader. Among important holdings are the Kress Collection of 15th- and 16th-century Italian panel paintings; over 5,000 examples of Pre-Columbian to 20th-century American Indian art and artifacts, including basketry, ceramics, and beadwork; and a large collection of American and European prints, drawings, and photographs. In addition to serving as the basis for exhibitions, the collections, which are always available for individual study and research, are frequently used for classes.
The Pomona College Museum of Art also is the site of an active program of temporary exhibitions throughout the academic year. These include regular faculty and student shows, as well as historical and contemporary exhibitions designed to complement the College's curricula and to expose students to as wide a variety of works of art as possible. All exhibitions open with public receptions and include lectures and related programs for the College community.