Rotary Club of Enfield

Address: 1 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield, CT 06082

History:

Our club was organized in April 1928 as the "Thompsonville Rotary Club." Members of the neighboring Springfield, Mass., Rotary Club served as sponsors and assisted in getting the local club up and running. There were 17 charter members of the Thompsonville club. Rotary International granted Charter No. 2873 to the Thompsonville Rotary Club on May 23, 1928. Walter P. Schwabe, general manager of both Northern Connecticut Light & Power Company and Thompsonville Water Company, served as the club's first President. Louis B. Van Doren, an accountant, served as Secretary.

Recent News

  • Third Annual Cinco K Mayo 5K Run/Walk

    Proceeds will benefit the Rotary Club's community service projects and scholarships.Runners will enjoy a fast, USA/TF-certified course. Professional chip timing by Last Mile Racing will provide true start-to-finish times for each runner. Cash prizes will be awarded to the to...

    More Info

20 million people rely on AmericanTowns each year to find & share local information