Williamsburg Elementary School
Williamsburg Elementary School opened in August 2008 as a replacement school for Coultrap Elementary. Located on a 14-acre site, Williamsburg Elementary is a 102,000 square-foot school boasting an abundance of natural light and an easily navigable lay-out. The new building is slightly larger than the previous Coultrap facility which was located at 1113 Peyton Street in Geneva. (Note: The original Coultrap building was built in 1923 and served as a high school, junior high, and middle school prior to becoming an elementary facility in Fall 1994. After 90 years of service to this community, the building was finally taken down in Fall 2013 in anticipation of eventual expansion of Geneva High School. The district's central office, located on 4th Street in Geneva, have since assumed the Coultrap name and the original 4th Street building has been renamed as Coultrap Educational Services Center.)
Planned and designed as an elementary facility, Williamsburg Elementary's areas and functional relationships provide flexibility and opportunities for learning that were not present in the original Coultrap facility. Williamsburg's six classroom wings are all positioned on the east side of the building and are designed to increase cooperation and interaction among grade-level teachers. Spaces within the school that accommodate parent, public, and community functions and events are located near the main entrance and parking. The building provides spacious classrooms and hallways, beautiful architectural features, and state of the art technology.