City Of Wilder
Address: 520 Licking Pike
Southgate, KY 41071
Website: City Of Wilder
The City of Wilder is located in Northern Campbell County, approximately two miles south of Cincinnati, OH. The community provides an excellent environment for industry, business, or family relocation.
Wilder was incorporated on March 15, 1935, populated mostly by employees of the Andrews Steel Company (now known as Newport Steel Corporation). A railroad station where the L&N crossed the Licking River was called the Wilder Station , named after a famous ophthalmologist, William Hamlin Wilder (1860-1931). When the city was incorporated, the founding fathers assumed the station's name for the city.
Earlier heritage indicates that Civil War battery fortifications were strategically located in Wilder's present limits. The Holt Battery, directly north of St. John's Catholic Church, honors the memory of Brigadier General J. Holt. The Wiggins Battery, on a hill west of Licking Pike and just south of the Three Mile Creek, honors the memory of Samuel Wiggins, builder of Cincinnati's Wiggins Block on Fountain Square.