Calvary United Methodist Church

Address: 301 Rowe Boulevard
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone: 410-268-1776
Fax: 410-268-5283
Email:
Calvary has a rich past in United Methodist History. The congregation traces its origin to 1777, when Francis Asbury, father of American Methodism, established a Methodist Society in the home of Catherine Small. In 1785, the Methodists built a meeting house which was moved inside State Circle in 1789. The congregation built a brick church on State Circle at North Street in 1818 and worshipped there in three successive buildings for 155 years. The church divided in 1863, but reunited as Calvary in 1921. Because the State needed Calvary's property, in 1972, the congregation moved to Rowe Boulevard. In its third century, Calvary Church continues to serve God there.

As a committed United Methodist community, we strive to know and worship God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, to grow in faith and love through ministry, discipleship and fellowship, and go into the world to bring others to Christ through mission

20 million people rely on AmericanTowns each year to find & share local information