Dearborn Heights School District No.7

Address: 20629 Annapolis
Dearborn Heights, MI 48125
Phone: 313-278-1900
Fax: 313-278-1413

History of District No 7

Imagine a school district with no schools in it. Sound unlikely? That was the situation for four years in District 7.

When the Dearborn Township section of old District 7 was all that remained after Dearborn became consolidated, Mayfair and Pardee opened as two-room school houses for kindergartners. All remaining students had to be bused to schools in Dearborn.

District 7 as we know it today, formally called Dearborn Heights District 7, is only a remnant of what it used to be. In fact, few districts have had their boundaries changed as often as District 7. Its boundaries when the cities of Dearborn and Fordson merged in 1929 was the Rouge River on the east, Van Born on the south, Telegraph on the west and Wilson and Lawrence on the north. District 8 (Westwood) was west of Telegraph up to Wilson. Districts 2 (Coonville/Fairlane) and 4 (Crestwood) were on the north, District 5 (Henry Ford School District on east and Taylor on the south.

20 million people rely on AmericanTowns each year to find & share local information