Arts and Entertainment
February 13, 2018From: Staten Island Arts
Courtyard Fridays, a public art pilot project of the Future Culture initiative, will consist of a series of 4 FREE concerts on Fridays in June 2018, presented in the courtyard between Borough Hall and the Supreme Court building in St. George, Staten Island, NY.
Courtyard Fridays [CYF] seeks 4 local, Staten Island-based, youth music groups that present an adept and high quality performance of high-energy music that engages audiences, encourages dancing and emphasizes fun. Musical styles should include Jazz, Rock, Funk, Latin, Dance, R&B or others. A $200 honorarium will be provided for each group.
- The size of the groups should average no more than 8-10 performers.
- The ages of the performers should be between 12 and 18 years of age.
- Performers must be accompanied by their group leader [an adult] and chaperones, if possible.
- The groups must provide their own transportation to and from the CYF performances.
Submit the following information via email to: email@example.com with the subject heading: CYF Openers by 11:59 p.m., Thursday, March 1, 2018.
- A video link of 2 recent performances or 2 MP3 files from recent performances
- A bio of the group/organization
- Email and telephone contacts for group’s Adult Leader
Winners will be informed Monday, March 5, 2018.