Schools and Libraries
March 12, 2018From: Ocean County Public Library
TOMS RIVER - The Ocean County Library willhost a series of programs featuring Master Gardeners, trained and certified by the Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Ocean County. They will provide a wide range of horticultural information and gardening tips at the following branches:
- Lacey Branch, 10 East Lacey Rd., 609-693-8566, Get Your Veggie Garden Growing, Friday, March 16, 2 p.m. Master Gardener Berry Jones will provide information on vegetable gardens.
- Stafford Branch, 129 N. Main St., 609-597-3381, Rutgers Cooperative Extension Ocean County Master Gardeners - Container Gardening with Herbs,Thursday, March 22, 2 p.m. A Q&A session will take place before and after speaker portion.
Rutgers Cooperative Extension Ocean County Master Gardeners Help, Monday, April 9, 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m. The Master Gardener team will be available to answer any questions you may have. Bring in your dying or diseased cuttings for diagnosis and remedies.
Rutgers Cooperative Extension Ocean County Master Gardeners Help, Monday, April 23, 1:30 p.m. - 4p.m. The Master Gardener team will be available to answer any questions you may have. Bring in your dying or diseased cuttings for diagnosis and remedies.
- Beachwood Branch, 126 Beachwood Blvd., 732-244-4573, RCE Ocean County Master Gardeners: Beach to Bay Plantings,Tuesday, April 10, 2 p.m. The Master Gardeners will teach how to grow plants in beach and bay environments.
- Upper Shores Branch, 112 Jersey City Ave., 732-793-3996, Spring has Sprung! Get Your Garden Growing, Wednesday, April 25, 7 p.m. Master Gardeners will provide tips on all things spring.
- Little Egg Harbor Branch, 290 Mathistown Rd., 609-294-1197, Annuals, Saturday, April 28, 2 p.m. - 4p.m. Information will be provided on annuals as well ascolorful ways to fill empty areas of flowerbeds, container gardens and window boxes.
- Barnegat Branch, 112 Burr St., 609-698-3331, Master Gardeners of Ocean County, Thursday, May 17, 2 p.m. Learn how to get your veggie garden growing.
- These programs are free and open to the public, but registration is required. To register call the branches or visit www.theoceancountylibrary.org and click Calendar of Events