The 67th Street Branch Library

Address: 328 East 67th Street
New York, NY 10001
Phone: 212-734-1717
Email:
Branch History:

The 67th Street Branch was one of the Carnegie branches built with funds donated to the City of New York by Andrew Carnegie. The branch was designed by Babb, Cook & Willard, one of three architectural firms selected to design the Library's Carnegie branches. It was built, in agreement with the previous owner's wishes, to resemble the Yorkville Branch.

In 2005 the 67th Street Branch reopened after a renovation, its first since the 1950s, that refurbished the Library's architecture and modernized its access and services. The original staircase with decorative iron railing has been restored, along with numerous other architectural details, including mosaic tile floors. The library's 14,000-square foot interior has also been reconfigured, providing additional computer space, a redesigned children's floor, a community room, and new restrooms. Reference and general collections for adults and teenagers are on the first floor, and the children's collection is on the second floor. A community room and technology training classroom are located on the third floor.

Recent Photos

20 million people rely on AmericanTowns each year to find & share local information