- Date: April 21, 2017
- Time: 7:30pm
Address:1 West 2nd StreetDayton, OH 45402
Celtic Woman features the very special talents of four Irish female vocalists and a very exciting fiddle player. The four women vocalists, Chloe, Lisa, Méav and Orla and fiddle player Mairead with Composer & Musical Director, David Downes, have created a wonderful musical experience. Celtic Woman portrays the unique voices and styles of each of the girls as soloists as well as fantastic ensemble numbers.
The Chairman & CEO of Celtic Woman, Dave Kavanagh, has together with EMI developed Celtic Woman into an International success.
Celtic Woman have made a powerful impact on U.S. audiences since their March 2005 debut. Among their noteworthy achievements:
* Their first PBS special aired over 3400 times on 316 PBS stations nationwide since its March 2005 debut.
* Their self-titled debut CD and DVD have been certified platinum in the US
* They have played four hugely successful U.S. concert tours, including sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall, Carnagie Hall, Boston’s Opera House and the Greek Theatre in LA.
* Between their self-titled debut album and ‘A Christmas Celebration,’ Celtic Woman has held the #1 position on the Billboard World Music chart for over 95 consecutive weeks.
* They have appeared on The Today Show, Live with Regis & Kelly, The Megan Mullaly show and on Brian Boitano’s Skating Spectacular that aired on NBC on New Year’s Day 2007.
* Internationally, Celtic Woman’s debut CD has gone platinum in South Africa and A Christmas Celebration has been certified gold, the DVD has been certified gold in Australia and the CD has been certified gold in Japan. Germany, Canada & New Zealand are also very strong markets for us.
It’s now time to take A NEW JOURNEY with Celtic Woman!
The female Irish ensemble of angelic voices recorded a brand new studio album offering the signature Celtic Woman sound that has had a huge impact not only in the US but in many countries around the world including Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa & Germany etc. The repertoire is an unforgettable collection of contemporary hits (“Beyond the Sea,” “The Prayer,” “Scarborough Fair,” “Over the Rainbow”), classical favorites (“Lascia Ch’io Pianga,” “Vivaldi’s Rain”), and Irish standards (“Dúlaman,” “At the Ceili,” “Caledonia,” “Mo Ghile Mear”).
With the debut of their first PBS TV special in March 2005, Celtic Woman has since gone on to become a public television sensation. To date, that original program has aired over 3400 times on 316 PBS stations, a total of 93% of the PBS stations in America making it one of the most successful PBS fundraising shows in the past year.
Celtic Woman’s new TV special - A New Journey, Live at Slane Castle - premiered December 2, 2006 on PBS with more than 90% of all PBS stations on board to broadcast the special during the December pledge period, exceeding the group’s previous success on PBS. The live concert was filmed at Slane Castle, the home of Lord Henry Mount Charles, in County Meath, Ireland (a venue that has also hosted concerts by U2, The Rolling Stones, and Bruce Springsteen).
20 million people rely on AmericanTowns each year to find & share local information