Glen Moore Fire Company

Address: 578 Fairview Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
Phone: 610-942-3392
Fax: 610-942-9559

About Glen Moore Fire Company:

The Glen Moore Fire Company is proud to protect and serve our local and surrounding communities with Fire, Rescue, and EMS services.

The company was organized in 1919 with an original 39 Charter Members. We have now progressed into a new century with over 25 active firefighters, EMS personnel, Fire Police officers and a Ladies Auxiliary.

We have provided services to Wallace Township and portions of East Nantmeal, West Nantmeal and Upper Uwchlan Township for over 85 years ! The Glen Moore Fire Company also provides mutual aid service to Honey Brook Fire Company, Elverson Fire Company, Lionville Fire Company, Ludwigs Corner Fire Company and the East Brandywine Fire Company.

Our Primary coverage area consists of rural areas up to sections of Rt 82, Rt 282 and a section of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, including the Peter J. Camile Service Plaza.

Fire Protection for the community of Glenmoore, Wallace Township was first considered in 1912 by the Glenmoore Improvement Society. At that time a committee of David G. Byerly, William H. Miller, Harry Benner, William Tulloch and C. Wilmer Dickinson held a festival in Glenmoore Park. The main attraction was a parade of decorated vehicles and autos. With the proceeds, 4 hand fire extinguishers were purchased and two were placed in the Post Office (the little building next to the methodist Parsonage) and the other two in Elmer B. Dunwoodys Merchandise Store (now the Creek View Apartment House.

The concept of the Glen Moore Fire Company started with a series of meetings in May 1915 in Burton Formean's Barber Shop and home (now the house is occupied by another residence). A small handful of townspeople and farmers met to take action in regard to forming a volunteer fire company for the protection of lives and property.

20 million people rely on AmericanTowns each year to find & share local information