Holmes Presbyterian Church

Address: 375 Holmes Road
Holmes, PA 19043
Phone: 610-532-0346
Fax: 610-532-2420
Email:

Mission:

The mission of the Holmes Presbyterian Church is to serve our Lord Jesus Christ by inviting everyone in our community to know Him personally and to worship, study, serve and fellowship in His church.

About Us:

The roots of Holmes Presbyterian Church go back to 1897 with the concern of Misses Mary and Margaret Holmes for a Sunday School in this area. With help from various Presbyterian Ministers and the Presbytery of Chester, the Holmes Presbyterian Sabbath School was begun.

Later, a lot on Hannum Avenue and Holmes Road was purchased. A chapel was built and first used in 1908. The Presbytery of Chester officially organized the Church on February 18, 1909, with 21 charter members.

The congregation moved into a new building at MacDade Blvd. and Holmes Rd. in 1920.

As the membership grew, the present Sanctuary was constructed and became our new Church home in 1954. In 1963, the Christian Education building was added. Here at Holmes Church we have so much to be grateful for; we are grateful to God for allowing us to be a part of this community for so long; we are grateful to the Holmes sisters for their vision and willingness to serve God and educate others; we are grateful for the hard work, sacrifice and devotion to God of our past members who helped lay the physical and spiritual foundation of our current church; we are grateful to our present members whose hard work, sacrifice and devotion to God parallels and enhances all that our forefathers have done.  Their adaptability and visions for the future are allowing us to change and seek new ways to serve God in the present and the future.

20 million people rely on AmericanTowns each year to find & share local information