Elk Grove Baptist Church began in 1958 when several felt a need for a Baptist Church in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
The first official business meeting was held November 5, 1958 with seven people present. Our Church was organized and incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois on February 11, 1959.
The Church Charter was held open until February 8, 1960 with twenty-two persons signing the Charter. (Of those twenty-two Charter members one member stills attends our church, Lillian Johnson.)
In 1960, Elk Grove Baptist Church joined the fellowship of the Baptist General Conference. Pastor Talmadge was the first pastor.