Elmhurst College is a private college, enriched by its liberal arts heritage, established in 1871 by Protestant German immigrants and affiliated with the United Church of Christ.
The College seeks to support a diverse and caring community of scholars, teachers, students, and staff who work together for the purpose of learning. The College dedicates itself to the development of humane values, the skills of critical and creative inquiry, the capacity and desire to serve others, commitment to meaningful work, understanding of global interdependence, and responsible citizenship. The College affirms the spiritual basis for living a meaningful and purposeful life.
Elmhurst College fulfills its mission through:
- Students who are ready for the challenge of education and who look forward to a lifetime of learning;
- Faculty who demonstrate their love for learning through scholarship, and their passion for teaching by guiding the studies, sustaining the spirits, and raising the aspirations of students;
- Administrators and trustees whose vision and leadership strengthen and serve the College in its ongoing pursuit of excellence;
- Staff whose contributions enhance the educational, social, and physical environment of the College;
- Alumni who embrace lives of service to the College, the country, and humankind;
- Academic programs in which liberal education and professional learning enrich each other through an integration of knowledge and values from a variety of disciplines;
- A College community that honors, learns from, and contributes to the richness of human diversity;
- A College community that encourages its members to participate in the life of the College;
- A College community that develops its members as responsible citizens of the world; and
- A College community that stands for the historic traditions of the United Church of Christ for personal faith, religious freedom, and social justice.
ELMHURST, Ill. – One or more students from your area was a member of the May 2017 graduating class from Elmhurst College. Attached is a list of graduates from cities in your state. The list is arranged alphabetically by state and community.At i…Read More »
ELMHURST, Il – One or more of your local residents (see attached list) is among the students named to the Elmhurst College Dean’s List for the Spring Term of the 2017 academic year. PLEASE NOTE: The attached list comprises stu…Read More »
ELMHURST, Il - June 9, 2016 â€“ One or more students from your area was a member of the May 2016 graduating class from Elmhurst College.Attached is a list of graduates from cities in your state. The list is arranged alphabetically by state and commun…Read More »