125 South Prospect Avenue
The Elmhurst Public Library enriches life in Elmhurst by providing opportunities to explore, learn and grow.
Elmhurst Public Library will be a place for discovery at the heart of the community. The Library will provide the support and resources for Elmhurst residents to
- Develop a love of reading
- Access information for work and learning
- Pursue interests that will enrich their lives
- Understand changes in technology, society and culture
- Gather and interact with each other
Values: Elmhurst Public Library values:
- We provide an environment that is welcoming to all.
- We protect the privacy of Library users.
- We defend intellectual freedom.
- We respect all points of view.
- We expect all library users and staff to be treated with respect.
- We commit to going the extra mile.
- We listen to our community.
- We put the public interest first in all decisions.
- We are fiscally responsible.
- We protect the community's investment by maintaining the library facility In top condition.
- We minimize our environmental impact.
- We believe in equal access to information for all.
- We facilitate convenient access to library resources.
- We employ friendly and approachable staff.
- We foster literacy.
- We support lifelong learning.
- We provide diverse resources and programs.
- We hire well-qualified staff and support their continued learning.
- We encourage collaboration among staff and with community organizations.