The High Bridge Branch of The New York Public Library has been an important part of the cultural life of the neighborhood since 1901 when it was chartered as the High Bridge Free Library. In 1908, it was incorporated into The New York Public Library and moved to its present location at West 168th Street between Woodycrest and Shakespeare Avenues. In 1975, the original building was demolished and rebuilt, and the library reopened to the public on October 25, 1976. Fully accessible to persons who use wheelchairs, the branch houses adult, young adult, and children's collections. A meeting room located near the front of the library is available for community group meetings as well as library programs.
We are fully accessible to persons who use wheelchairs, and provide a meeting room which is available for community group meetings as well as library programs