Immanuel Lutheran Church teaches that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, given by Him to benefit us so that we will know of His love for us and so that we will have truth to guide our lives.
Through the Bible we know:
- That God is the creator and author of all life and existence.
- That sin separates every individual from God.
- That out of love for His creation, God made a way for each person to be reconciled to Himself through His son, Jesus, who lived and died to pay the penalty for our sin.
- That God continues to come to His people with love and forgiveness through preaching of the Word and the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion.
- What difference does this make in your life?
Reconciliation with God – forgiveness – enables people to have lives characterized by trust, joy, peace, love and caring for one another.
It enables people to build community and minister to the needs of a hurting world with a true message of hope.
It carries the promise of everlasting life with God in heaven.