"To provide all students the opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills, and values necessary to become contributing members of a diverse, ever-changing society."
"Narbonne's supportive learning community builds academic excellence and mutual respect in an environment that supports the achievement of the State Standards for all learners."
We believe that the major purpose of public education is to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to live as contributing members of our society. Educational opportunity should be equal for all. Schools have an obligation to help each individual reach his or her potential. We believe that for students to live effectively in our society they should have:
- Competency in the basic skills of reading, writing, computation, and oral expression.
- Knowledge in the disciplines of listening, critical and logical thinking, and research.
- An understanding of our political, social, and economic system.
- Knowledge of careers and acceptance of the work ethic.
- The attitudes and knowledge essential for good physical and mental health.
- An understanding and appreciation of the fine arts.
Furthermore, we believe that students must be provided with the opportunity to develop feelings of self-worth and an appreciation for the work of others in our society. They should recognize and develop the special skills and creative talents of themselves and others.
Students should have a knowledge of, and an appreciation for, persons of differing cultural, racial, and ethnic backgrounds. They should continually develop moral and ethical values.