To increasingly know and love Jesus Christ and to intentionally make Him known to all people.
The primary task God has given every pastor and pastoral staff is to equip the saints to do the work of the ministry and to edify the body of Christ.
Peniel Baptist Church was constituted in July of 1852 as a Baptist Church. In January 1868, the church began raising funds for a new church building. In May of 1871, the name "Peniel Baptist Church" was adopted (see Genesis 32:30). Dr. Billy Graham was baptized in Silver Lake near Peniel Baptist Church on December 4, 1938. The church ordained him to evangelistic ministry on January 14, 1939. On February 20, 1967, Peniel Baptist Church dedicated its present Sanctuary and education building. The old church BUILDING, now known as The Chapel, was moved to its present location a year later. In August 1971, Peniel Baptist Church instituted the Peniel Baptist Academy Day Care Center and Kindergarten. In 1982, an Academy school building was dedicated which now houses preschool through 5th grade. On October 12, 2008, a new educational / High school building was dedicated. this building is built so a family life center type building can be added to it in the future.
The globe represents our world. The church and school seek to be a lighthouse to reach our community and the world.
Exalt the Savior, Equip Believers and Evangelize the Lost!