St. Bernard Church recently celebrated the centennial anniversary of the 1914 dedication of its current church, which is the third church structure built in Dayton, KY.
We outgrew our first church, begun in 1849 under the name of St. Francis. Floods destroyed our second church. Then, in 1914, persevering even through bankruptcy, we built the current magnificent structure of sacred architecture, named after St. Bernard of Clairvaux. Today (2016), the parish numbers 190 households. Much of the history below is taken from the History of the Diocese by Fr. Paul Ryan, written in 1953. A very dedicated parishioner has researched the rest.
Sunday Mass Times:
Saturday Vigil: 4:00pm
Weekday Mass Times: