The Writer's Garret
To foster the education and development of readers, writers, and audiences by putting them in touch with quality literature, each other, and the communities in which they live and write.
One day, most Texans will recognize the value of reading and writing quality literature.
We strive to achieve the following results through community events, outreach projects, and professional development programs:
1. Build a community of readers and writers that care about the development and dissemination of literature, reading, and writing;
2. Educate our young to understand, appreciate, and support the impact of literature, reading, and writing;
3. Provide opportunities for the education and betterment of individuals and communities through enhanced reading and writing skills that cultivate an appreciation of quality literature and critical thinking;
4. Enable wide and equal access to the stories, letters, and cultural ideas that underscore and challenge our most recognized and cherished ideologies; and
5. Strengthen the infrastructure of educational, literary, and cultural partnerships capable of furthering the impact of literature, reading, and writing.