Stone Fort Museum, SFA

Address: 1808 Alumni Drive North
Nacogdoches, TX 75962
Phone: 936-468-2408
Email:

The Stone Fort Museum is an educational center dedicated to the natural & cultural history of eastern Texas, we're housed in a 1936 replica of a Spanish Colonial stone house built by Antonio Gil Y'Barbo in the late 18th century!

The campus of Stephen F. Austin State University is home to a fort, and not just any fort. A fort that was a trading post, private home, church, jail, and saloon - but never a fort. A fort that was built three times, and a fort that was torn down by men to be re-erected by women. Read more about the history of the Stone Fort.


Admissions & Hours

Admission for individuals is free of charge. Educational programs are by reservation only. Call 936-468-2408 for group rates and more information.

Open Tuesday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday 1 to 5 p.m. Closed Mondays and University Holidays.

Directions

From North Street, Business Highway 59, enter Stephen F. Austin State University at Griffith Boulevard. The Museum will be on your left at the intersection of Griffith and Clarke Boulevards. Free parking for visitors is available only on the front and the south sides of the Museum. Paid parking is available in the covered garage across from the Museum.

Contact

Phone: 936-468-2408
Fax: 936-468-7084
email: stonefort@sfasu.edu

Stephen F. Austin State University
Stone Fort Museum
Post Office Box 6075
Nacogdoches, TX 75962

 

20 million people rely on AmericanTowns each year to find & share local information