Hathaway’s paintings celebrate unique, tranquil landscapes that invite the viewer into the painting. She has been drawing since she was old enough to hold a pencil, and painting since she was 13. She earned a BA in Studio Art and a Minor in Education in 1982 from the College of St. Benedict in St. Joseph, Minnesota.
A Midwest native, she has lived in the Bay Shore, New Jersey area with her husband and two children since the Spring of 2000, teaching art to children and adults, as well as exhibiting her art at galleries in the area. Hathaway switched from oil painting to acrylic as a medium after becoming a mother.
“Necessity is the mother of invention and becoming a mother is what necessitated my change from oils to acrylics. My studio is a small corner of my living room in my small house, and since children and oils don’t mix, I developed a style of painting in acrylic that allows me to achieve the quality I want in my work. I’m continually amazed at its versatility, and I’ve had a great deal of success with acrylics. Even though I may go back to oils again for the occasional painting, I’m very happy painting in acrylics.”
Sharon Hathaway is a non-artist member of the Salmagundi Club in New York. She also has earned multiple awards and has presented her work at several juried exhibits, including:
- Annual Non-Member Juried Competition, Salmagundi Club, NY (July 2016)
- BoldBrush Painting Competition’s FAV15 (June 2016)
- BoldBrush Painting Competition’s FAV15 (February 2016)
- Annual Non-Member Juried Competition, Salmagundi Club, NY (May 2015)
- BoldBrush Painting Competition’s Outstanding Acrylic by FAV jury (June 2014)
- BoldBrush Painting Competition’s FAV15 (January 2014)
- BoldBrush Painting Competition’s FAV15 (April and July 2013)
- Award of Excellence Northern Lights Juried Art Show, White Bear Lake, MN (1996)
- Northern Lights Juried Art Shows, White Bear Lake, MN (1987, 1989, 1990, and 1994)
On Yahoo, Yelp, SuperPages, AmericanTowns and 25 other directories!
Add your social media links and bio and promote your discounts, menus, events.
Be sure your listing is up on all the key local directories with all your important content (social links and product info).