Gobble Gobble Give
Partners with the Historic
Apollo Theater in New York City, NY
To Feed the Homeless on Thanksgiving Morning
For over 23 years, Gobble Gobble Give has delivered food, clothing and toiletries to the homeless across the country on Thanksgiving morning. This year, the Gobble Gobble Give's NYC Chapter has partnered with the historic Apollo Theater located in the heart of Harlem which will serve as a donation drop-off site which will then be distributed to local charities and organizations in need on Thursday, November 26th, from 8:00am - 12:30pm EST. What started with a few people handing out meals to those in need in Harlem in 2009, has grown to 850 volunteers, 3600 meals, and thousands of care packages delivered in 2019. Gobble Gobble Give invites the NYC community to join the cause on Thanksgiving Day to ensure the spirit and tradition of the holiday is shared with the less fortunate.
To drop off donations, participants are encouraged to register for a time slot at www.gggnyc.org. Click the link: DROP OFF DONATIONS. A small team (in masks & gloves) will be standing outside the Apollo Theater accepting donations to ensure a swift COVID-19 safe donation process. Collected items will be delivered on Thanksgiving Day to shelters, organizations that have homeless outreach programs, individual families in need, and homeless people living on the street. Organizations GGG has partnered with this year include: Coalition for the Homeless, Grand Central Food Program, Aguila Family Shelters, Ruth Fernandez Family Shelter, and more!
NYC 2020 Acceptable Donations Include:
- Canned & Packaged Foods
- Toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, soap, etc.
- Baby Items: baby food, diapers, baby wipes, etc.
- New Clothing & Shoes
- New & Gently Used Blankets & Coats
- New Children's Toys
- Pandemic Supplies: masks, disposable gloves, hand sanitizer, hand soap, etc.
“Curbside Contactless Donation Drop Off” Protocol to drop off donations safely:
- If dropping off donations in a vehicle: You can stay in your car! Arrive with donations in your trunk. Volunteers will be standing by outside when you arrive. We can take the donations out of your trunk.
- If dropping off donations on foot: We will have clearly marked Donation Stations set up in front of the theater. You can just set the donations on the table at the Donation Station. Volunteers will be standing by to receive your donations and prepare them for delivery.
Founded by entrepreneur and philanthropist Barry Walker, Gobble Gobble Give is an initiative committed to effecting positive change in local communities throughout the United States. The ‘potluck for a purpose’ platform was initially created by Barry and a group of friends who started making an extra dish during their own Thanksgiving prep or grabbing an extra item when shopping to then give to a person in need on the holidays. The organization has now grown to amazing heights delivering 27,000 meals last year alone and has engaged over 10,000 volunteers across the nation.
Register here to Drop Off Donations: www.gggnyc.org
On Yahoo, Yelp, SuperPages, AmericanTowns and 25 other directories!
Add your social media links and bio and promote your discounts, menus, events.
Be sure your listing is up on all the key local directories with all your important content (social links and product info).