The White House Historical Association is pleased to announce its upcoming Holiday Book Fair, a full day of holiday shopping and festivities with 12 authors available to sign copies of their award-winning books. will be available for purchase during the event, in addition to our full range of White House-inspired .
Since 1962, the White House Historical Association has published books on the history of the White House—covering topics such as architecture, gardens, fine and decorative arts, food, and presidential families. Authors include former White House staffers, historians, political cartoonists, and scholars from diverse fields.
This special 2018 Holiday Book Fair will feature:
- Book signings with award-winning authors
- Special Guest: “President Thomas Jefferson” will share memories and unique insights on his life and history of the White House (as portrayed by Bill Barker of Colonial Williamsburg)
- Former White House Pastry Chef Roland Mesnier will serve his authentic White House Eggnog and discuss creating pastries for significant White House events under five presidents
- Pulitzer-Prize winning political cartoonist Pat Oliphant will sign copies of our recent, which features his drawing on the cover.
- Examples of President Obama’s presidential china on display and former White House Curator William Allman, author of, will be available to answer questions.
- Artist John Hutton will demonstrate "How to Draw the Presidents” Raffle of original John Hutton drawings created during the 2018 Easter Egg Roll and as seen in Jonathan Pliska, Author of, will discuss his collection of heirloom seeds, which match those purchased for the earliest White House gardens.
- Author Osborne Mackie will discuss examples of a rarely seen artifacts in the Decatur House collection, which will be on display in connection with our recently released book.
- Artist Peter Waddell discusses his painting, Thomas Jefferson in His Study with the president himself (as portrayed by Bill Barker of Colonial Williamsburg)
- Live music!
On Yahoo, Yelp, SuperPages, AmericanTowns and 25 other directories!
Add your social media links and bio and promote your discounts, menus, events.
Be sure your listing is up on all the key local directories with all your important content (social links and product info).