Washington’s Town House
Location: Marker is on Cameron Street near North St. Asaph Street, on the left when traveling west.
City/State: Alexandria, Virginia
Replica of Washington's Town House. Lot purchased by George Washington 1763. House completed 1769 – torn down 1855. Rebuilt by Gov. and Mrs. Richard Barrett Lowe 1960. Bricks & stones from excavation used in construction. Worth Bailey, Historian; E. S. Holland, Engineer; Robt. Rust, Contractor.
Site of Washington's Town House First used by him in his surveying. Here he maintained an office with secretary to receive and accommodate belated visitors to Mt. Vernon.