Clubs and Organizations
November 23, 2020
A delicious recipe for your holiday.
A Special Recipe, Because We’re Grateful for You...
Your kindhearted support for Connecticut Food Bank has blessed hungry children, families, and seniors in our community. To thank you, we wanted to share one of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes.
We hope it adds a little joy to your day!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 7 small-to-medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring potatoes, water, and 1 tsp. salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 9-12 minutes.
3. Drain well, then mash to desired consistency.
4. Add almost all of the green onion and parsley, leaving some for garnish.
5. Add the garlic and stir. Then stir in most of the sour cream, all of the butter, and the remaining salt.
6. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with the remaining sour cream, green onion, and parsley.
Grow Your Legacy With Three Simple Steps:
1. Open a Donor-Advised Fund
2. Watch Your Money Grow
3. Donate Whenever You Like