Arts and Entertainment
August 25, 2012
From: The Strong Museum
Swing into an adventure with Dora and Diego from Nickelodeon's hit preschool series Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! along with their friends Boots, Map, Backpack, Isa, Tico, and of course Swiper at the new exhibit Dora & Diego Let's Explore! opening at the National Museum of Play. (Join the Opening Weekend Fiesta on Saturday, September 22 and Sunday, September 23.)
Come along on the adventures of Nickelodeon's seven-year-old Latina heroine Dora and her eight-year-old cousin Diego, a bilingual animal rescuer who protects animals and their environment. Children and families share in active play and problem-solving as they navigate the rainforest worlds of Dora and Diego and discover how to be good friends and care for animals. Spanish vocabulary is incorporated throughout the exhibit to introduce Spanish-speaking skills to preschool children.
Children climb, crawl, jump, and learn in playfully engaging environments:
- Pirate Ship: Join the Pirate Piggies' crew. Dress like a pirate and pretend sailing the ship.
- Rainforest Maze: Get active! Swing on monkey bars, crawl through a fallen tree, climb across Jaguar Mountain, and jump or hop across the river rocks.
- Animal Rescue Center: Be an animal rescuer! Diagnose, bandage, apply cold packs, and "bathe" stuffed animals.
- Tico's Tree: Help Tico gather nuts for a family picnic before Swiper swipes them.
- Isa's Flowery Garden: Play with flowers and interact with bird, butterfly, and insect puppets.
- The Purple Planet: Visit a home on the Purple Planet, climb the stairs on one side and slide down the other.
- Rocket Ship: Put on a spacesuit, pilot the ship, and play a memory game.
- Dora & Diego Let's Explore! remains at the National Museum of Play through January 6, 2013.
Produced by The Children's Museum of Indianapolis in cooperation with Nickelodeon, the Dora and Diego: Let's Explore! exhibit is presented by the WellPoint Foundation. © 2012 Viacom International Inc. All rights reserved. Nickelodeon, Dora the Explorer, Go Diego, Go! and all related titles, logos, and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. Presented locally by MVP Health Care.
Date : September 22 through January 6, 2013.
Venue : National Museum of Play, One Manhattan Square, Rochester, NY 14607
Museum Hours: MondayThursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Admission Fees: General Admission (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): Adults $13, Seniors $12, Children (215) $11, Children younger than two free, Museum members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $2 for members, $4 for nonmembers; children under 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.