Schools and Libraries
April 20, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
- Please join us at one of two Community Dialogue Sessions concerning federally mandated testing and other issues related to loss of local control. The sessions will be held Monday, April 27 and Wednesday, April 29 from 7 - 8 pm in Perin Learning Commons at Madeira High School. To read resolutions on these issues recently passed by our school board, Superintendent Steve Kramer's letter to State Superintendent of Public Instruction Dr. Ross in regards to state mandated testing and for more information please see Community Dialogue Sessions. We appreciate the trust you place in us to do the very best for our students and hope you will join us at one of these important sessions! For more information please call 985-6070.
- Madeira Schools Foundation award recipients Laurie Westermeyer, Dr. Uday Khosla, Richard Hartmann and Jeff Smith will be honored at the annual MSF luncheon at Kenwood Country Club Thursday, May 14, from 11:30-1:30 pm. Friends and family are encouraged to attend by making a reservation with Sarah Mizell at (513) 924-3725.
- The Madeira City Schools and the Madeira community are comprised of dedicated and involved individuals who regularly go beyond the expected to 'make a difference' in our schools. They have the attitude of not being satisfied with the status quo, but of going the extra mile. The 'I Make a Difference Award' was created for the Madeira City School Board to recognize the extraordinary contribution of these people. Nominations are being taken now for the May, 2015 awards. For past winners, guidelines and a nomination form, please see I Make a Difference.
- Madeira Elementary School First Grade teacher Megan McKee was selected as Madeira's 2015 Madeira 'Educator of the Year' from the outstanding Madeira faculty and staff members who were nominated for the award by parents, community members, students or other staff members. An ad hoc committee at each building reviewed their respective nominations and selected one nominee to be considered as the district representative. Another ad hoc committee then reviewed the nominees from each building and selected Mrs. McKee as the educator who will represent Madeira at the Hamilton County Education Foundation's 'Celebrate Excellence' award ceremony in May. Thank you to the many people who took the time to nominate one of our outstanding staff members. We are proud of Megan, and our entire team of educators who make Madeira the outstanding district it is!! For a photo please see Celebrate Excellence!.
- Congratulations to the following members of the senior class who signed letters of intent to play at the college level this week: Nicole Macke will play basketball for Marietta College, Kurtis Groene will play football for the College of Mt. St. Joseph, Ryan Stevenson will swim for Denison University and Molly Murphy will play softball at UC Clermont. For photos please see Senior Athletes.
- Summer is fast approaching! Registration for camps led by our coaches and directors available to Madeira students for the summer of 2015 can be found at Summer Opportunities.