Schools and Libraries
April 25, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
Please join us at one of two Community Dialogue Sessions concerning federally mandated testing and other issues related to loss of local control. The sessions will be held Monday, April 27 and Wednesday, April 29 from 7 - 8 pm in Perin Learning Commons at Madeira High School. We appreciate the trust you place in us to do the very best for our students and hope you will join us at one of these important sessions! For more information please call 985-6070.
- Madeira Schools Foundation award recipients Laurie Westermeyer, Dr. Uday Khosla, Richard Hartmann and Jeff Smith will be honored at the annual MSF luncheon at Kenwood Country Club Thursday, May 14, from 11:30-1:30 pm. Friends and family are encouraged to attend by making a reservation with Sarah Mizell at (513) 924-3725.
- Nominations are due April 30 for the May, 2015 'I Make a Difference Award.' The award was created for the Madeira City School Board to recognize the extraordinary contribution of the people who have the attitude of not being satisfied with the status quo, but of going the extra mile. For guidelines and a nomination form, please see I Make a Difference.
- Tom Olson will be the new principal of Madeira Middle School, effective for the 2015-16 school year. Mr. Olson has been the principal of Madeira High School the past four years and had planned to retire and pursue other opportunities within the education profession, but has agreed to continue his career here in Madeira as our next middle school principal. Mr. Olson has a proven track record of success as both a middle school and high school principal and is already knowledgeable about our community, families, students, and staff. For more please see Our New MMS Principal.
- This Saturday, April 25 marks the thirtieth anniversary of Madeira's Circle Prom. The community is invited to see the transformation of the high school into the After Prom "MHS American Road Trip" from 7:15 - 8:30 pm. For a story on the Circle Prom see Circling for Thirty Years. .
- Seventh grade student Eva Fischer was featured in the latest issue of American Israelite with her 'silhouette' art work created in MMS art teacher Liz Rossi's class. For the story please see Sharing Eva's Art.
- Three more MHS students were notified they will receive $20,000 scholarships through the H&R Block Budget Challenge in Jennifer Jordan's Personal Finance class. For more please see Personal Finance Class Pays Off and look for more next week on this segment in Madeira City School history!
- Madeira elementary and middle school students and their families and friends participated in the spring Walk to School Day Wednesday, in celebration of Earth Day. The event is held in partnership with the City of Madeira and the National Center for Safe Routes to School. For photos of students and many umbrellas please see: Walk to School Day 2015.
- Join us Tuesday, May 5 for the MHS Academic Day of Signing at 3:30 pm at the high school. Our Top Seniors of the Class of 2015 and their chosen school will be announced.