Schools and Libraries
May 4, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
- Thank you to all who attended one or both of our community engagement sessions concerning mandated testing and other issues facing our public school system. If you were not able to attend, copies of material passed out are available on our website at April 2015 Community Engagement Sessions.. We will continue to hold community sessions on future topics, which we will advertise through our list serves, Twitter, Facebook and Cerkl. As always, thank you for your support.
- Our community is taking on a major project to improve the lives of our students; an overhaul of the current high school weight room. The existing 700 sq ft facility is too small to adequately support our student athletes and student body. The new MHS Fitness Center will be approximately 3500 sq ft, have state of the art equipment, high ceilings, walls of windows, more cardio equipment, cross fit space and sound system. This new space will not only improve our sports teams but also create a space that the entire student body can use to improve their fitness and well being. Please visitwww.mhsfitnesscenter.com for details on how you can help.
- Madeira High School will hold it's annual Academic Day of Signing Tuesday, May 5 at 3:30 in Medert Auditorium. The Top Seniors of the Class of 2015 will be announced as well as their college or university selections.
- Congratulations to Madeira Amazon Celia Kline, who has been name an OH Lottery - Shining Star! Please see Shining Star Celia!
- The June 15 school board meeting has been rescheduled for June 24 at 7 PM. There will be a special meeting prior to the regular meeting at 6:45 PM for the retire/rehire of Tom Olson. The July 20 meeting has been rescheduled to July 13 at 7 PM All meetings will be held in Perin Learning Commons at Madeira High School.