Schools and Libraries
August 17, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
- Welcome to the new school year at Madeira City Schools! For Back-to-School information please see 2015-2016 School Info. We can't wait to welcome our students back on Tuesday, August 18!
- To 'meet' our new staff members please see Welcome to Madeira! A warm welcome to Casey Layer (Band Director), Jill Dulgeroff (MHS Art), Julia Cabral (MMS Counselor), Kristen Anderson (Vocal Music), Lindsay Schmidt (MHS English), Taylor Olvey Engel (Speech & Hearing Pathologist), Kathleen Margraf (MMS Language Arts), Tim Keeton (MMS Physical Education), Vincent Rahnfeld (MHS Counselor), Sonja Burniston (MES Administrative Assistant), Emily Nutley (MES Counselor) and David Kennedy (MHS Principal).
- All 2015-2016 dates are on the online calendar on our website: www.madeiracityschools.org. Printed copies of the 2015-2016 school calendar are available at all parents/student meetings, back to school nights, Open Houses and school offices. A pdf is also available on our website at 2015-16 District Calendar. Community members who would like a copy mailed to them should contact Diane Nichols at 924-3703 or dnichols@madeiracityschools.
- On August 3, Madeira joined over 40 school districts in Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren County to send a simple message to Columbus and Washington D.C. - "Stop!" The newly formed Greater Cincinnati School Advocacy Network is calling for more local control of the public's public schools. The school districts representing rural, suburban and urban southwest Ohio communities share a common belief that the unfunded mandates have emanated as a one-size fits all answer to a problem that doesn't exist. For more information please see School Advocacy Network.
- The Ruth Slagle Crawford Scholarship is awarded annually to one Madeira High School graduate who is in need of financial assistance to pursue his or her higher education. The scholarship is awarded each fall to a recent Madeira High School graduate in honor of Ruth Slagle Crawford's parents, Mr. and Mrs. W.C. Crawford, who were long time teachers and placed great value in education. The application is available for download from the MSF website at
Ruth Slagle Crawford Scholarship and must be submitted by Friday, September 11th.
- Summer is still in the air, but MES's Fall Consignment Sale is just around the corner! Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 12 from 9 am-1 pm for this season's Changing Hands Sale. Anything and everything for kids (from newborn to teen) can be sold, but clothing and accessories are limited to Fall & Winter only. Whether you're shopping or selling, you won't want to miss it. Consignor registration is open online at www.changinghandssale.com. The fee to register is $10 and can be paid online via Paypal or with a check made out to the MES PTO. Consigning is open to the general public (Madeira and beyond), so don't delay! Your spot will be reserved once the online form is complete and fee has been paid. Looking forward to another successful sale and many bargains to be found. Interested in volunteering? Volunteer positions will be posted (and a link available on our website) through VolunteerSpot Mid-August. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com