Schools and Libraries
December 10, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
- Madeira Middle School 7th graders will host the 4th annual Empty Bowls Dinner Event at MMS cafeteria and gym on Friday, December 4 from 5 - 8 PM. The community is invited to attend this open house event where the students will be providing salad, soup, and dessert in exchange for a recommended $5 donation per person or $10 donation per family donation at the door. All proceeds will go to local and international organizations that aid the fight against poverty, homelessness, and hunger. Event partners La Soupe and Panera will provide soup and cookies for the event. Feel free to visit interactive awareness booths run by the Class of 2021. Please make plans to be a part of this wonderful night of service-learning!
- Need Madeira spirit wear for your holiday gift giving? Our Music Boosters will be setting up their spirit wear booth Sunday, December 6 from 12-3 pm by the concession stand at the MHS football field. In case of inclement weather the boosters will be in the MHS cafeteria.
- The following students and faculty members will be recognized at the December 7 school board meeting beginning at 7 pm in Perin Learning Commons: 2015 greeting card contest winners Charlotte Geary, Wyatt Horne, Madeline Hemmerick, Danielle Russell, Lexin Yuan and Alex Miller; MHS Choir advisor Kristin Anderson and Honor Choir members Erica Hobbs and Bella Ferguson; State track qualifier Nick Cedillo and Coach Natalie Dragovich; State golf qualifier Ethan Snyder and Coach Jeff Evans; Marching Band and colorguard members who qualified for the state competition and advisor Casey Layer; National Honor Society's new inductees, advisors Jennifer Jordan and Jennifer Bruenning and honorary NHS faculty member Brett Becker; National Merit Commended Students William Andre, Mollie Shinkle, Hannah Gottesman, Laura Smith, Zachary Evans, Braden Kane and Adelaide Young.
- Please join us for lunch or dinner at the Kenwood TGIFriday's (8150 Montgomery Rd) on Thursday, December 10 or Friday, December 11 for a Madeira Music Boosters fundraiser. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to support the fabulous music programs in our schools. Bring the flyer at Music Booster Fundraiser with you. And before or after you dine at TGIFriday's, come to Medert Auditorium for the high school's band and choir concert on Thursday, December 10 at 7 pm. As always, thank you for your continued support of our music programs!
- The latest episode of the MHS student video news show can be found at 'What's Up Madeira?' 11.30.15. The MHS Entrepreneurship class group C.A.R.E Incorporated's Powder Puff Football game, held to raise money for the Alzheimer's Association, is highlighted.
- For 2015-2016 inclement weather information please see Weather Alert Information.
December 21 - January 1: Winter Break
January 4, 2016: Classes resume
Madeira City Schools:
A School Community Where Learning is Personalized and Success is Ensured
Information on signing up for our list serves and all of our social media tools can be found at District Communications.