Schools and Libraries
February 13, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
- Join us for the 30th annual Madeira Schools Foundation auction Saturday, March 14 in the St. Gertrude Parish Center from 6 - 11:45 pm. The auction is the school district's largest fundraiser; proceeds from the evening support continued excellence in Madeira schools, from providing state-of-the-art technology and academic enrichment to enhancement of athletic and arts programs and this year we're celebrating our 30th anniversary with the theme "Diamonds and Denim." You can throw on your favorite pair of jeans whether you bling them up or not is up to you! Enjoy a catered dinner and bid on fabulous donated items and raffle prizes including vacation trips, sporting event tickets, unique experiences, class items and much more. Register now to attend or purchase raffle tickets at "Diamonds and Denim" Registration and starting March 1, start placing bids whether you attend the auction or not. If you have questions or would like to donate to the auction, please contact Troy Bartson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Angie Schilling at email@example.com or Dave Eberly at DEberly@emclawyers.com. For more information about the Foundation please visit www.madeiraschoolsfoundation.org.
- The February 17 Madeira School Board meeting has been rescheduled for February 23.
- The Madeira Chamber of Commerce will hold a Lunch-n-Learn titled "College On Your Mind?" with information to help navigate the college process. The lunch will be held Wednesday, February 25 from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm at Madeira City Hall, 7141 Miami Ave, Madeira, OH 45243. A healthy lunch will be provided for a $5 donation. RSVP to Denise Keller at 218-1995 firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll save you a plate!
- Congratulations to Coach Haley Warden and the Madeira Amazon Basketball team who won the CHL Championship after their 49-37 victory over Mariemont Tuesday. The team remains undefeated with a 21-0 record! The Amazons play Indian Hill for their Senior Night at home Saturday, February 14 at 7:30 pm.
- Jack Mantkowski is a candidate for Athlete of the Week on JJHuddle.com for winning the 100 and 200 free, and swimming on the winning 400 free and 200 medley relay at the CHL championships. Vote at Athlete of the Week Nominees by noon on Monday, February 16.
- Madeira Sports Fans: See Mustang and Amazon Playoffs for playoff information on our Madeira teams.
- For photos and video of retiring Mustang basketball Coach Jim Reynold's last home game and recognition please see Coach Reynolds' Farewell.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- February 16 - No School - President's Day
- February 23 & 24 - 2015-2016 MES Kindergarten Registration
- Feb. 27 - Festival in the Woods Reception for MES and MMS student artists at Blue Ash Recreation Center 4-7 pm.
- March 11 - all schools will be in session following their regular schedules with no early dismissal.