Schools and Libraries
February 20, 2017From: Madeira City Schools
Our free Madeira City Schools app gives you access to district and school news, all athletic and school calendar dates, EZ Pay, lunch menus and more! Phone numbers are links to make calling easier and calendar events can be instantly added to the calendar on your smart phone. To download through iTunes please see SchoolPointe Stay Connected and select Madeira. To download through Google Play please see Stay Connected and select Madeira.
- Please take a minute to nominate one of our outstanding Madeira educators to represent our district at the Hamilton Country Education Foundation's "Celebrate Excellence" event this spring. The annual award recognizes and honors excellent educators throughout the public school districts of Hamilton County. Nominations are open not only to classroom teachers, but all certified Madeira Schools personnel. Past honorees have included special education teachers, music directors, principals, intervention specialists, guidance counselors and classroom teachers. For award criteria and to submit a nomination via mail, e-mail or online, please see Celebrating Excellence.
- Madeira Schools Foundation is hosting its 32nd annual live auction with a theme #MadeiraStrong on March 11 at St. Gertrude's Parish Center. Food stations refreshed throughout the evening with local bites and other tasty treats will keep you moving around the auction floor wondering what to try next. Tickets including food & drink with reserved table seats are $60 each, and stand up table tickets including food & drink are $50. Please see www.madeiraschoolsfoundation.org for more information on how to support our district's major fundraiser while spending the evening with Madeira friends!
- Children who reside in Madeira and will be five years old on or before September 30, 2017 are eligible to be registered for Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. For more information please visit Kindergarten Registration or contact the Madeira Elementary School Office at 985-6080.
- All of our MHS National Merit Semifinalists are advancing to the next level! Samuel Aaron, Mckenna Blackwelder, Brittany Ladd and Duncan Maier have been named National Merit Scholarship Finalists in the 62nd National Merit Scholarship program. They will now continue in the competition for approximately 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth about $33 million in the spring. For a photo and more please see National Merit Excellence.
- Scarlet Oaks Student of the Month was Madeira's Avery Landis-Ashbaugh.
- MMS 7th grade student Maddie Luther qualified for the 2017 Scripps Regional Spelling Bee. It will be held on Saturday, March 18 at Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy. WCPO News Channel 9 will record the event and broadcast the competition later in March.
- The MHS Magnified Giving Club would like to thank everyone who supported their fund raiser at Pizzeria Locale. The event raised the group's grant total up to $1,800.