Schools and Libraries
February 22, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
- A reminder that children of Madeira residents that will be five (5) years old on or before September 30, 2016 are eligible to be registered for Kindergarten for the 2016-2017 school year using this new online process: 1) A pre-registration survey link is on our website for parents to identify their preference for AM or PM Kindergarten or the Optional All-Day Kindergarten Program, handled in the order in which they are received. 2) The online registration will be active this week and all forms should be completed by March 4, 2016. 3) After completing the online portion, please call Sonja Burniston at 985-6080 to schedule a 10-minute registration meeting for either March 14 or 15 to review your paperwork and finalize your child's kindergarten registration. Visit Kindergarten Registration for all links and a full description of the process. We are excited to welcome the graduating class of 2029!
- Registration for Marchtoberfest, the annual Madeira Schools Foundation Auction, is now open at 2016 Auction Information. You can also purchase raffle tickets and preview auction items and starting March 1, bid on items whether you attend the auction or not. This year's event will be held March 19 at 6 PM in St. Gertrude Parish Center.
Proceeds support Madeira's programs and provide classroom materials from technology purchases/upgrades, to arts and athletic enhancements, to funding educational experiences like our Day of Service and Global Leadership Summit. The Foundation also contributes to scholarships for students and alumni, and supports the PTOs at each school. If you'd like to support the auction through a donation or sponsorship, please contact Troy Bartson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Angie Schilling at email@example.com or David Eberly at DEberly@emclawyers.com. Looking forward to seeing you there!
- For all Varsity athletic tournament schedules please see Go Mustangs and Amazons!.
- The individual strengths and interests of each and every one of our district's students contributes to the overall excellence that is Madeira City Schools ... their story is our story. Meet one of our middle school marvels at Students of Madeira.
- Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 5 from 9 AM -1 PM for the spring Changing Hands Sale. Anything and everything for kids from newborn to teen can be sold, but clothing and accessories are limited to Spring and Summer only. Consignor registration is open online at www.changinghandssale.com. The fee to register is $10 and consigning is open to the general public. Volunteer positions will be posted through VolunteerSpot in early February. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and for up-to-date announcements, follow 'Changing Hands Sale' on Facebook.
- Save the Date for the Madeira Baseball, Football and Golf Team annual golf outing on Saturday, June 4 at Sharon Woods. More information will follow or see the flyer at 2016 Golf Outing.
- The Madeira community is invited to learn about the Cincinnati Division of the US Navy Sea Cadet Corps when they conduct drills at Madeira High School on February 20 & 21. USNSCC is comprised of two programs; The Naval Sea Cadet Corps program (ages 13 through 17) and the junior program (ages 11 through 13). For more information or to attend the information session please see https://nscc-cindiv.us/ or contact Regina Williams at email@example.com.