Schools and Libraries
February 3, 2017From: Madeira City Schools
Friday, February 3 is the night we celebrate the opening of our new Athletic Center! Join us between the home JV and Varsity Mustang basketball games vs Wyoming (approximately 7 pm) for the center's Grand Opening Celebration. You are welcome to tour the facility after the Varsity game and see how with more space, better ventilation and improved safety measures, our students will be able to achieve their sports and fitness goals in a bright, healthy environment. Please see Our New Athletic Center for a story from Cincinnati.com and an interview with WCPO's John Popovich.
- We invite any student, staff, parent or community member to nominate a Madeira educator to represent our district at the Hamilton Country Education Foundation's "Celebrate Excellence" event this spring. The annual Celebrate Excellence Award recognizes and honors excellent educators throughout the public school districts of Hamilton County. Nominations are open not only to classroom teachers, but all certified Madeira Schools personnel. Past honorees have included special education teachers, music directors, principals, intervention specialists, guidance counselors and classroom teachers. For award criteria and to submit a nomination via mail, e-mail or online, please see 2017 Celebrating Excellence..
- Madeira Schools Foundation is hosting its 32nd annual live auction with a theme of #MadeiraStrong on March 11 at St. Gertrude's Parish Center. Food stations refreshed throughout the evening with local bites and other tasty treats will keep you moving around the auction floor wondering what to try next. Tickets including food & drink with reserved table seats are $60 each, and stand up table tickets including food & drink are $50. Please see www.madeiraschoolsfoundation.org for more information on how to support our district's major fundraiser while spending the evening with Madeira friends!
- Children who reside in Madeira and will be five years old on or before September 30, 2017 are eligible to be registered for Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. For more information please visit Class of 2030 or contact the Madeira Elementary School Office at 985-6080.
- Make dinner plans on Wednesday, February 8 at Pizzeria Locale from 4- 9 pm. If you mention MHS Magnified Giving, 50% of the proceeds will go toward the grant established for local non-profit organizations the students selected. Pizzeria Locale is located at 7800 Montgomery Road in the TJ Maxx Plaza. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- MHS senior Chris Landgrebe signed a letter of intent as a kicker on the football team at the University of California - Berkeley on National College Signing Day, Wednesday, February 1.
- Two Madeira band members and seven choir members participated in the District 14 Solo and Ensemble Competition this weekend. Sheridan Moore, Zoe Smith, Ali Siebert, Trey Adams, Seth Hutchinson Lydon, Brooke Conner, Joseph Rau, Sophia Gugino, and Emily Turcotte came away with seven "Superior" and two "Excellent" ratings.
- MHS Mock Trial kicked off its season competing vigorously at the Hamilton County Southwest District Competition at Hamilton County Courthouse. Freshman Livie Zack won the award for Most Outstanding Witness. Attorney and MHS Parent Wendy Jones volunteers to coach the teams.
- February 17 District In-service Day (No Students)
- February 20 President's Day - No School