Schools and Libraries
February 27, 2017From: Madeira City Schools
- Please take a minute to nominate one of our outstanding educators to represent our district at the Hamilton Country Education Foundation's "Celebrate Excellence" event this spring. The annual award recognizes and honors excellent classroom teachers and all certified school personnel. You may submit a nomination via mail, e-mail or online at Help Us Celebrate Excellence!. Nominations are due by 4 pm Friday, March 10. Thank you for helping us celebrate the excellence that is Madeira City Schools!
- Madeira Schools Foundation's 32nd annual auction, #MadeiraStrong, will be held March 11 at St. Gertrude's Parish Center. Food stations refreshed throughout the evening with local bites and other tasty treats will keep you moving around the auction floor. Tickets including food & drink with reserved table seats are $60 each, stand up table tickets including food & drink are $50. Please see www.madeiraschoolsfoundation.org for more information on how to support our district's major fundraiser while spending the evening with Madeira friends!
- Tickets are now on sale for Madeira Theatre Art's spring production of Bye Bye Birdie. Community performances are March 16, 17 and 18 at 7:30 pm with a matinee performance March 19 at 2 pm. All shows will be held in Medert Auditorium located at Madeira High School, 7465 Loannes Drive. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and can be purchased at Bye Bye Birdie tickets. Madeira Senior Citizens are invited to a special free performance at 10 am on Wednesday, March 15. Free coffee and treats will be served in the high school cafeteria beginning at 9 am, doors open at 8:45. An optional $5 lunch will follow the performance at approximately noon. For lunch tickets only please call 891-8222. For the complete cast list and more please see Madeira Drama.
- The Madeira City Schools' Board of Education passed a resolution that takes issue with the state's recent changes to its Homestead Exemption Act that eliminated some senior citizens from taking advantage of the program. The board's resolution will be sent to Ohio Governor John Kasich and other elected political leaders in the state. Please see News From Our School Board for more information.
- Madeira High School's National Honor Society invites daughters and their fathers, stepfathers, grandpas, or uncles to attend Madeira's 4th Annual Father Daughter Dance. The semi-formal dance will be held on April 7 in the MHS Gymnasium from 7 - 9 pm. Cost is $25 per couple, $5 for each additional daughter. Please register by April 6 at Father Daughter Dance Registration.
- Madeira Schools are hiring substitute teachers and educational aides. Comprehensive Substitute Solutions conducts the hiring and initial training of substitute teachers and will hold Substitute Hiring Fairs on March 7 and 8. Please see www.SubSolutions.org for details and registration.
- There's still time to register your child for Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. Please see Kindergarten Registration or contact the Madeira Elementary School Office at 985-6080.
- The MHS Softball and Golf programs will sponsor the 7th annual mattress sale on Sunday, March 5 at Madeira Middle School (6612 Miami Ave) from 10 am to 5 pm. Brand new, name brand, top quality mattress sets in all sizes and price ranges will be available with full manufacturer warranties. Delivery and free layaway will be available and floor models will be on display. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Chet Dobson and Emma Fortman qualified to compete at the 2017 OHSAA Swimming & Diving State Tournament at C.T. Branin Natatorium in Canton, OH. Both advanced to today's Division II finals which will be held today. For up to date information please see OHSAA Swimming and Diving. Go Mustangs and Go Amazons!
- Playoff tickets for both the boys and girls basketball playoff games will be sold at the high school during regular business hours. Tickets are $6 per ticket, $7 at the door.
Division III Girls Tournaments.
Division III Boys Tournaments.
- The entire MMS 7th grade Power of the Pen team qualified for the Regional Tournament that will be held on March 18th at Wyoming Middle School. Team members include: Kaytlyn Williams, Melissa Flores, Evelyn Li, and Anna Kurz.
- MMS 7th grade student Maddie Luther's participation in the March 18 Scripps Regional Spelling Bee will be broadcast by WCPO News Channel 9 on Wednesday, April 5 at 7:30 - 8 pm.
- MES Spring Changing Hands Sale: March 4, 9 am - 1 pm. See www.changinghandssale.com.
- District Early Release: March 8
- Spring Break: March 27 - 31, Conference Exchange Day April 3. Classes resume Tuesday, April 4.