Schools and Libraries
January 13, 2017From: Madeira City Schools
January is National School Board Appreciation month and we send out a big thank you to our Madeira School Board members for their tireless efforts ensuring Madeira Schools remains the best place for our students. Thank you to Tarek Kamil, Pat Shea, Cathy Swami, Ginger Madden and Richard Palmer.
- Children who reside in Madeira and will be five years old on or before September 30, 2017 are eligible to be registered for Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. The first step in the registration process is to complete a pre-registration survey indicating your preferences via the link at 2017-18 Kindergarten Registration that will be live Monday, January 23rd at 6 am. For more information please visit the link above, or contact the Madeira Elementary School Office at 985-6080.
- Madeira Preschool will hold an Open House for new families January 22, from 2 - 4 pm. New families are invited to meet the staff and learn about what makes Madeira Preschool a great place for kids. Children must be 3 by August 31, 2017 to attend the 2017-2018 school year. For more please see Madeira Preschool 2017-28.
- Click on Vote for Jackson to vote for Jackson Hugentobler as the wrestler of the week on Cincinnati.com. Votes must be in before 3 pm Friday.
- More than 30 career majors available for high school juniors and seniors at the four Great Oaks Career Campuses will be showcased during these upcoming open houses:
Diamond Oaks Career Campus, 6375 Harrison Avenue, January 26, 5-7 pm (Laura Domet 513.612.7006)
Laurel Oaks Career Campus, 300 Oak Drive, Wilmington, February 2, 5-7 pm (Bill Davis 937.655.5407)
Live Oaks Career Campus, 5956 Buckwheat Road, January 30, 5:30-7:30 pm (Sarah Taylor 513.612.4914)
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus, 3254 E. Kemper Road, February 2, 5:30-7:30 pm (Julie Beis 513.612.5794)
- Madeira Junior Mary Englert scored her 1,000th point as an Amazon basketball player and surpassed 500 career rebounds. She is only the 5th Amazon in school history to reach 1,000 points.
- Seventeen Madeira student artists had their work selected for the 2016 Scholastic Art Awards. Each year nearly 5,000 pieces of art are submitted regionally with only approximately 20% of those submissions accepted based on originality, technical skills, and emergence of personal vision or voice. Gold Key, Silver Key and Honorable Mention recognition will be awarded to students at the Regional Award Ceremony on January 27 at The Art Academy of Cincinnati. Gold Key recipients advance to compete for national medals at Carnegie Hall in New York, NY. Student work will be displayed at the Art Academy of Cincinnati January 20 - February 3. For photos and more, please see Scholastic Art Winners.
SAVE THE DATE:
Friday, April 7, 7 - 9 pm @ MHS - Madeira National Honor Society's 4th Annual Father Daughter Dance for girls Pre-K to 6th grade and their fathers, step-fathers, grandpas, or uncles. Registration information will be sent out in March.
Saturday, June 3 - Annual Football, Men's Golf, and Baseball Golf Outing at Sharon Woods Golf Course. More details to follow.