Schools and Libraries
February 1, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
- Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 7 from 9 am -1 pm for this season's Changing Hands Sale. Anything and everything for kids (from newborn to teen) can be sold, but clothing and accessories are limited to Spring & Summer only. Consignor registration is online now at www.changinghandssale.com. The $10 registration fee can be paid online via Paypal or with a check made out to the MES PTO. Consigning is open to the public so don't delay! Your spot will be reserved once the online form is complete and fee has been paid. Volunteer positions will be posted in early February. Contact email@example.com with any questions or follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
- The MHS Athletic Hall of Fame is now accepting nominations in three categories - a former athlete who has been out of high school for a minimum of five years - a coach who is no longer coaching for Madeira - a past or present contributor to the high school athletic program. Please include as much information as possible about the person's accomplishments at MHS only and information on how to contact him/her, and the name of a relative or friend if the person is deceased. Mail nominations to MHS Athletic Hall of Fame, PO Box 43266, Madeira, Ohio 45243 by May 1, 2015. The Athletic Hall of Fame is sponsored by the Athletic Boosters.
- After 25 years of teaching and coaching at Madeira, Jim Reynolds is retiring. Please join us in recognizing him at the last boy's home basketball game on Tuesday, Feb 10 between the JV game and the Varsity game at approximately 6:45 pm. Special ticket price for that evening will be $4.00 per person. We invite current and former players, students, parents and friends to send pictures, notes of appreciation, affirmations and memorable moments to add to a memory book for Jim. Please send contributions before Monday, Feb 2 to Madeira Athletic Department, 7465 Loannes Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joe Kimling has been named Athletic Director of the Year by the Southwest Ohio District of the Athletic Directors Association for exemplifying the highest standards of their profession and who through their influence on the lives of young people under their direction, has made significant contributions to their school and community.
- Two eighth grade students won awards at the regional level of this year's Scholastic Art Awards; Jenny Whitt received an honorable mention for her photograph, 'Hoop' and Megan Wu received an honorable mention for her photograph 'Ant's Eye View' and a Gold Key Award for her picture 'Framing Hope' which qualifies her for the national level. Their work was selected from 255,000 original works of art subimtted in 2014. Megan and Jenny will be recognized at an awards ceremony at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center on January 30 at 6 PM. Their works will be on display at the Art Academy of Cincinnati from January 23 - February 6 (see Art Academy for gallery hours).
- MMS was voted as the winning Jefferson Award for Public Service December Project of the Month for their 'Empty Bowls' seventh grade learning project.
- February 4 - Amazon Night at girls home basketball game versus Finneytown
- February 23 & 24 - 2015-2016 kindergarten registration
- Feb. 27 - Festival in the Woods Reception for MES and MMS student artists at Blue Ash Recreation Center 4-7 pm