Schools and Libraries
January 6, 2017From: Madeira City Schools
- A reminder that our inclement weather cancellation or delay information can be found at 2016-2017 Weather Alert Information.
- Madeira City School's excellent record keeping has earned it the Auditor of State Award which is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a clean financial audit. For more please see Auditor of State Award.
- December 21, six student finalists in the City of Madeira and Madeira High School's art competition partnership presented their visions for a sculpture that could ultimately hang in the Madeira Municipal Building. Maura Hull, Kailey Brown and Abbey Gray were awarded the top three places. Sarah Parker, Andrew Miller and Natalie Stringer were also finalists.
- Four Madeira High School alumni returned to share their inspiring stories of perseverance and determination with third and fourth grade students at a school assembly December 21. 'Madeira Strong - Know Thy Impact' featured Madeira champions Ryan Korengel, Maggie Griffin, Andrew Benintendi and Eli Maiman. For photos and more please see MES Hosts Inspiring Alumni.
- Six Madeira students were selected out of over 700 students to perform in the District 14 Ohio Music Education Association's Honor Band Festival. The festival represents the best young 7-12 grade student musicians in Hamilton and Clermont counties and culminates in a concert this Sunday, January 8 at Princeton High School. High School musicians will be performing at 3 pm and the Junior High students at 5 pm. Congratulations to MMS students Ben Adams, Lexi Born, Anna Rau, Owen Tucker and Steven Wu, and MHS student Joseph Rau.
- Twenty students in grades 5-8 competed in the 11th Annual MMS Spelling Bee on December 20. Maddie Luther won the school bee, Ethan Lex was runner-up and Alexa Wallace placed third. Other students who participated were Katie Dunn, Bradley Poppell, Nicholas Hyland, Andrew Sampson, Cole Seaman-Kossmeyer, Zach Bisselberg, Michael Cedillo, Ceana Crompton, Maryn Dubay, Charlie Manning, Lucy Adams, Maddie Luther, Henry Manning, Owen Tucker, Alexa Wallace, Ethan Bisselberg, Lexi Born, Charlie Cochran, Ethan Lex, and Jake Schoemaker.
Twenty students also participated in the 12th Annual MMS Geography Bee. Students J.T. Hamstra, Eric Luther, Bradley Poppell, Andrew Sampson, Nora Winterrowd, Maryn Dubay, Murray Katkin, Claire Leroy, Jessie Miller, Rosie Davis, RenÃ¨ Polanco, Niklas Polanco, Owen Tucker, Sean Wiesemann, Lexi Born, Katie Dimmitt, Ethan Lex, Hayden Loring, Joe Schneider all qualified by taking grade level tests with the top five in each grade level eligible to compete in the school bee. Niklas Polanco was the school winner and Ethan Lex was the runner-up.
- Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 4 from 9 am -1 pm for MES's Spring Changing Hands Consignment Sale at Madeira Elementary School. Anything for kids from newborn to teen can be sold - clothing and accessories are limited to Spring & Summer only. Consignor registration is open online at www.changinghandssale.com. The $11 registration fee can be paid online via Paypal or with a check made out to the MES PTO. Consigning is open to the general public (Madeira and beyond), so don't delay! Your spot will be reserved once the online form is complete and the fee has been paid. Volunteer positions will be posted, and a link will be available on their website through VolunteerSpot in mid-January. Contact email@example.com with any questions. For up-to-date announcements, follow Changing Hands Sale on Facebook.
- Madeira Schools would like to thank Madeira Police Chief Frank Maupin for his dedication to the city and schools, and wish him the best of luck in retirement!