Schools and Libraries
March 19, 2017From: Madeira City Schools
- Madeira Theatre Art's spring production of Bye Bye Birdie opens tonight! Community performances are March 16, 17 and 18 at 7:30 pm with a matinee performance March 19 at 2 pm (this is a change from the printed calendar which lists the matinee on Saturday). All shows will be held in Medert Auditorium located at Madeira High School, 7465 Loannes Drive. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and can be purchased at Bye Bye Birdie tickets, or at the door depending on availability. Local senior citizens were treated to coffee and doughnuts before a free performance of the play this Wednesday at our annual Senior Citizen Day. Former MHS math teacher John Taylor and his wife Joyce were named this year's Honorary Leading Man and Lady, and will ride with the school board in the district's Fall Homecoming parade. For a photo see Our Honored Seniors.
- Madeira High School's National Honor Society invites daughters and their fathers, stepfathers, grandpas, or uncles to attend Madeira's 4th Annual Father Daughter Dance. The semi-formal dance will be held on April 7 in the MHS Gymnasium from 7 - 9 pm. Cost is $25 per couple, $5 for each additional daughter. Please register by April 6 at Father Daughter Dance.
- For the fifth year in a row, Indian Hill, Madeira, and Mariemont High School Bands & Orchestras will present a Collaborative Concert conducted by Cincinnati Pops Conductor John Morris Russell. Join us for this free concert Tuesday, April 11 from 7 9 PM. The event will be held at Indian Hill High School located at 6865 Drake Road. For more please see CSO & Pops.
- The Madeira Mathletes team of Joe Zubelik, Rene' Polanco, Niklas Polanco, and Steven Wu was 10th of 46 teams at the Math Counts competition on February 25. Four of our Mathletes were in the top 25%: Steven Wu - 33rd, Rene' Polanco - 53rd, Steven Schwallie - 60th, and Michael Lu - 71st. There were 390 students participating in the competition. At the Math Bowl on March 4, a Superior rating was earned by the MMS team of Michael Lu, Joe Zubelik, Luca Salerno-Uriarte, Evan Lutes, and Jeffrey Schwallie, as well as the MHS team of Ben Fisk, Nicolas Ashbaugh, Angelo Wei, and Zhuo-nan Huang.
- Spring Break: March 27 - 31, Conference Exchange Day April 3. Classes resume Tuesday, April 4.
- No School/Good Friday: April 14
- Senior Citizen Coffee: April 20.
- Madeira Art Fair: May 7, 11-5