Schools and Libraries
March 18, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
- Please take a few minutes to nominate one of our outstanding faculty or staff members as the 2016 Madeira Educator of the Year to represent Madeira at the Hamilton Country Education Foundation's "Celebrate Excellence" event this spring. Nomination forms and criteria can be found at Celebrating Excellence or are available in each school office. Thank you for helping us celebrate the excellence that is Madeira Schools!
- Order an engraved brick with your personal message or tribute to be placed at the entrance to MHS or in the Ruth Romano Courtyard. They make excellent graduation or birthday gifts. Orders must be placed by April 1 - please contact Ruth Corgan at firstname.lastname@example.org for ordering information.
- The Madeira Athletic Booster Association is currently accepting nominations for the Madeira Athletic Hall of Fame. Nomination applications can be found at Hall of Fame 2016 and must be returned by May 1. The selection is based on accomplishments at Madeira High School only. Nominations are considered current for a period of three years, after which a nomination will need to be resubmitted for additional consideration.
- Congratulations to Lexin Yuan for having two pieces of digital artwork selected for the Ohio Governor's Youth Art Exhibition out of 11,500 regional entries from 15 regions. State jurors selected 300 artworks for the actual exhibition, with only 25 chosen to receive the award. Art will be on display April 17 May 19 at the James A. Rhodes State Office Tower, 30 East Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215. The awards ceremony will be held Sunday, April 17 at 12:00 noon at the Riffe Center, Capitol Theatre, 77 S. High Street, Columbus, OH 43215.
- Congratulations to Grace Jacobs who was recently named an Academic All Star by the Ohio Lottery.
- The individual strengths and interests of each and every one of our district's 1,586 students contribute to the overall excellence that is Madeira City Schools ... their story is our story. See what two of our third graders think about being lucky at Students of Madeira. Follow us on Twitter at #MadeiraStrong to learn more about what our students care about, what they are involved in, and what they want to contribute to their corner of the world.
- March 25 No School, Good Friday
- March 28 - April 1 Spring Break
- April 4 No School, Conference Exchange Day
- April 7 Spring Senior Citizen Coffee
- April 8 NHS Father Daughter Dance http://www.madeiracityschools.org/1/News/31317
- April 13 Senior Citizen Day at MHS Spring Musical
- April 14 - 16 MHS Spring Musical "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" www.seatyourself.biz/madeira
- April 20 Spring Walk to School Day
- June 4 Golf, Football & Baseball teams' Golf Outing Fundraiser - https://s3.amazonaws.com/pubtemp/live/content/Madeira/documents/20160217010929.pdf