Schools and Libraries
March 24, 2017From: Madeira City Schools
- The Madeira Amazon Lacrosse team will make history tonight with their first home Lacrosse game in school history - face off is 7 PM versus Fenwick.
- Madeira High School's National Honor Society 4th Annual Father Daughter Dance will be held April 7 in the MHS Gymnasium from 7 - 9 pm. Cost is $25 per couple, $5 for each additional daughter. Please register by April 6 at Father Daughter Dance.
- For the fifth year in a row, Madeira will join Indian Hill and Mariemont's High School Bands & Orchestras to present a Collaborative Concert conducted by Cincinnati Pops Conductor John Morris Russell. Join us for this free concert Tuesday, April 11 from 7 9 PM. The event will be held at Indian Hill High School located at 6865 Drake Road. For more please see Collaborative Concert.
- Dr. Tracy Alley has been named the Madeira City Schools Educator of the Year. Dr. Alley teaches and coordinates the district's Gifted Programs at both Madeira Elementary School and Madeira Middle School. She will represent Madeira at the Hamilton County Education Foundation's "Celebrate Excellence" breakfast in May; an event that recognizes top educators from nearly every public school district in the Cincinnati area who were nominated by staff, parents and community members.
- Rowan Connors, Abby Nolan and Peter Paul were candidates for the 2017 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)'s Students of the Year award. The leadership development and philanthropy program encourages high school students to participate in a fundraising competition to benefit LLS. 29 candidates from 13 local high schools raised over $163,000 for leukemia and lymphoma in just seven weeks.
- The MHS choir received a superior rating at the district contest. They will go to state competition on Friday, April 21 at Lakota Freshman School.
- The MHS Winter Guard performed in the Tri-State Winer Guard finals March 25 at Conner High School.
- The following Madeira High School students have qualified to participate in the Ohio Personal Finance Challenge in Columbus. The Ohio Personal Finance Challenge is an opportunity for high school students to demonstrate their knowledge of Personal Finance by competing with other students across the state. The winning team will represent the State of Ohio in May at the National Personal Finance Competition in Kansas City.
Angelo Wei, Ben Fisk, Matt Slade, Alex Mahon
Raleigh Potluri, Brittany Ladd, Sam Bass, Chris Landgrebe
Matt Gelhaus, Ethan Snyder, Jacob Petro, Liam Powis
Nick Ramos, Ava Bruffey, Rob Rusk, Ariel Krikorian
John Baldan, Duncan Maier, Eric Cummings, Ryan Cross
Abbey Gray, Emily Smith, Ed Smith, Zoe Smith
Sam Blackwelder, Carson Cooper, Lexi Blackmon, Alexandra Kucewicz
Natalie Heisser, Adam Wieczorek, Heather Brenner, Erin Parker
- The WCPO News Channel 9 & Scripps Regional Spelling Bee was held March 18. Seventh grader Maddie Luther made it to Round 5 and placed 15th in the competition.
- Madeira Schools and offices will be closed for Spring Break March 27 - 31, and for a Conference Exchange Day April 3. Classes resume Tuesday, April 4. Have a safe and restful Spring Break!
- No School/Good Friday: April 14
- Senior Citizen Coffee: April 20.
- Madeira Art Fair: May 7, 11-5
- Kindergarten Roundup has been changed from May 10 to May 11.