Schools and Libraries
March 26, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
- Madeira senior citizens are invited to the Spring Superintendent's Senior Citizen Coffee, Thursday, April 7 from 9:30 - 10:30 AM. The district will provide coffee and treats from Coffee Please at Madeira's Depot Barbeque, 7701 Railroad Avenue. Seniors are invited to come hear what's going on in the district and meet our current and future district leaders. As always, seniors are invited to bring a friend. Please call 924-3707 with any questions, or to be added to the mailing list.
- After several months of reviewing the district's five year forecast, the Madeira City Schools Board of Education took action at its March 21 meeting to place a 6.9 mill operating levy on the November 8, 2016 ballot. If approved, homeowners will pay an additional $241.50 per $100,000 of property value. Madeira's last operating levy was five years ago in November 2011. For more please see November Levy.
- Make plans now to see our Spring Theatre Arts production You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown! April 14 - 16. The play is based on the comic strip "Peanuts" by Charles M. Schultz, and is directed by Dianna Davis. Tickets are on sale now at www.seatyourself.biz/madeira for the following community performances: Thursday, April 14: 7:30 PM, Friday, April 15: 7:30 PM and Saturday, April 16: 2 PM and 7:30 PM. All performances will be held at MHS' Medert Auditorium, 7465 Loannes Drive. Senior citizens who live in Madeira are invited to see the musical at our annual Spring Senior Citizen Day, Wednesday, April 13. Coffee and doughnuts will be served beginning at 9 AM with a free performance of the show at 10. Immediately following, there will be an optional $5 luncheon served by MHS students. Call Beth at 891-8222 for reservations for the senior citizen performance luncheon. Don't miss this opportunity to see our talented Madeira students in our spring 2016 musical, and buy your tickets today!
- A new effort is underway across Ohio to prevent drug abuse among Ohio's most vulnerable citizens - our children. Please make plans to attend "Start Talking! Building a Drug-Free Future". This important presentation is sponsored by all three of our Parent Teacher Organizations and will be held Thursday, April 21 from 7-8 PM in Madeira High School's Perin Learning Commons.
- The Madeira Athletic Booster Association is currently accepting nominations for the Madeira Athletic Hall of Fame. Nomination applications can be found at Hall of Fame 2016 and must be returned by May 1. The selection is based on accomplishments at Madeira High School only. Nominations are considered current for a period of three years, after which a nomination will need to be resubmitted for additional consideration.
- Congratulations to 8th grader Zhuo-Nan Huang for coming in 12th place out of nearly 200 Mathletes at the State Math Counts competition in Columbus on March 12. He was awarded a medal and participated in the Top 16 Count Down round.
- MMS seventh grade student Ethan Lex won the school's Geography Bee and qualified for the Ohio Geography Bee. He will be competing on Friday, April 1 in Columbus.
- Madeira City Schools will be closed March 25 in honor of Good Friday, March 28 - April 1 for Spring Break, and April 4 for a Conference Exchange Day. Classes resume on Tuesday, April 4.
- April 8 NHS Father Daughter Dance NHS Dance.
- April 20 Spring Walk to School Day
- June 4 Golf, Football & Baseball teams' Golf Outing Fundraiser Golf Fundraiser.