Schools and Libraries
March 11, 2017From: Madeira City Schools
- There's one more day to nominate one of our outstanding educators to represent our district at the Hamilton Country Education Foundation's "Celebrate Excellence" event this spring. The annual award recognizes and honors excellent classroom teachers and all certified school personnel. You may submit a nomination via mail, e-mail or very easily online at http://www.madeiracityschools.org/News/32482 . Nominations are due by 4 pm tomorrow, Friday, March 10. Thank you for helping us celebrate the excellence that is Madeira City Schools!
- Madeira Schools Foundation's 32nd annual auction, #MadeiraStrong, is this Saturday at St. Gertrude's Parish Center. Food stations will be refreshed throughout the evening with local bites and other treats. Tickets including food & drink with reserved table seats are $60 each, stand up table tickets including food & drink are $50. Please see www.madeiraschoolsfoundation.org for more information on how to support our district's major fundraiser while spending the evening with Madeira friends!
- Make plans to attend a performance of next weeks' Madeira Theatre Art's spring musical! Bye Bye Birdie will be performed March 16, 17 and 18 at 7:30 pm with a matinee performance March 19 at 2 pm (the matinee date is a change from the printed calendar). All shows will be held in Medert Auditorium located at Madeira High School, 7465 Loannes Drive. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and can be purchased at Bye Bye Birdie Tickets. Any student who comes to the show dressed in their best retro look of the '50's will receive a ticket at the door for a free Ice Cream Float.For more information please see MHS Drama.
- There's still time to register your child for Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. Please see 2017-18 Kindergarten Registration or contact the Madeira Elementary School Office at 985-6080.
- Congratulations to Jackson Hugentobler who qualified for the OHSAA Division III state wrestling championships in the 126 pound weight class. The competition begins today and goes through this weekend in Columbus at the Jerome Schottenstein Center.
- Spring Break: March 27 - 31, Conference Exchange Day April 3. Classes resume Tuesday, April 4.