Schools and Libraries
May 23, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
- The community is invited to an informational meeting about the proposed MHS Fitness Center on May 27 at 7 PM in Perin Learning Commons at MHS. Please come learn more about this great project with a Q&A, a walk through of the old weight room and a look at the site of new MHS Fitness Center. See MHSFITNESS.
- Madeira was ranked 13th in the state, 282 in the nation and 189 in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) by US News & World Report which garnered their highest Gold badge. Please see USNEWS.
- We are proud to present just a few of the outstanding students, staff members, parents and community members who help make our district excellent! For photos of the recipients of the Madeira Schools Foundation Distinguished awards, the School Board's 'I Make a Difference' award, Madeira's 2015 'Educator of the Year' recognition and more please see DISTRICT AWARDS.
- Jennifer Jordan's personal finance student teams placed first, second and third in the Ohio Personal Finance Competition and will compete at the national competition on May 22. Third place team members are Robby Elkin, David Dougherty, Garrett Huon and Evan Cummings; second place team members are Robin Blocksom, Frances Barone, Emily Heisser and Jack Harper, and the first place team members are Michael Shull, Travis Freytag, Zach Zeisler and Madeline Gelis. See FINANCE STUDENTS for more.
- Madeira alumnus Andrew Benintendi has been named the SEC Player of the Year for his performance with the Arizona Razorbacks. He has emerged as one of the best players in the country in 2015, leading the nation in slugging percentage and ranking second in home runs. See ANDREW BENINTENDI for more. Congratulations Andrew!
- Congratulations to Robin Blocksom, who has been named an OH Lottery - Shining Star. Please see:ROBIN BLOCKSOM.
- The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office has organized two forums to reach parents, students, teachers, school administrators, and others with important information regarding the Heroin Epidemic. The Eastern Heroin Forum will be held Wednesday, May 27, 6:30 - 8:15 PM at Anderson Center (7850 Five Mile Road, Cincinnati, 45230). The Western Heroin Forum will be held Wednesday, June 3, 6:30 - 8:15 PM at the Miami Township Administration Building (3780 Shady Lane, North Bend, 45052).
May 25 - NO SCHOOL Memorial Day
May 28 - Last day for students
May 29 - Staff work day