Clubs and Organizations
March 3, 2017
- There's still time to nominate one of our outstanding educators to represent our district at the Hamilton Country Education Foundation's "Celebrate Excellence" event this spring. The annual award recognizes and honors excellent classroom teachers and all certified school personnel. You may submit a nomination via mail, e-mail or very easily online at Celebrate Excellence. Nominations are due by 4 pm Friday, March 10. Thank you for helping us celebrate the excellence that is Madeira City Schools!
- The MES Changing Hands Sale is one of Cincinnati's premier children's consignment sales. Come to the Spring Changing Hands Sale this Saturday, March 4, from 9 am - 1 pm for deeply discounted brand-name children's clothes, toys, games, books, accessories, play equipment, and more! 30% of the sale's proceeds go to support the MES PTO and help fund outstanding programs such as Got Art and Young Author's night. Consignors may also choose to donate any unsold merchandise, benefiting those in greater need in our community. For more information please see www.changinghandssale.com
- Madeira Schools Foundation's 32nd annual auction, #MadeiraStrong, will be held March 11 at St. Gertrude's Parish Center. Food stations will be refreshed throughout the evening with local bites and other treats. Tickets including food & drink with reserved table seats are $60 each, stand up table tickets including food & drink are $50. Please see www.madeiraschoolsfoundation.org for more information on how to support our district's major fundraiser while spending the evening with Madeira friends!
- Tickets are now on sale for Madeira Theatre Art's spring production of Bye Bye Birdie. Community performances are March 16, 17 and 18 at 7:30 pm with a matinee performance March 19 at 2 pm (this is a change from the printed calendar which lists the matinee on Saturday). All shows will be held in Medert Auditorium located at Madeira High School, 7465 Loannes Drive. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and can be purchased at Bye Bye Birdie tickets. Madeira Senior Citizens are invited to a special free performance at 10 am on Wednesday, March 15. Free coffee and treats will be served in the high school cafeteria beginning at 9 am, doors open at 8:45. An optional $5 lunch will follow the performance at approximately noon. For lunch tickets only please call 891-8222. For more information please see Madeira Theatre Arts.
- There's still time to register your child for Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. Please see Class of 2030 Registration or contact the Madeira Elementary School Office at 985-6080.
- The Madeira Latin Club had fifty students participate in the 67th Ohio Junior Classical League Convention February 24 26. The club placed 4th (out of 23 clubs from across the state) in overall sweepstakes points. Madeira was also recognized as the largest OJCL Chapter in the state of Ohio. Abbey Gray (12) was the top scorer for Madeira. Kelsie Parker (12), Maggie Bartson (11), Ben Ramos (9) and Isable Powis (9) were all recognized with the Best in Show award in various categories. The club received a "Superlative" rating on a scrapbook led by Emma Tucker and Angela Hunt (10) and a publication led by Max Pennington (11).