Schools and Libraries
November 21, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
- Opening tonight and being performed throughout this weekend, Madeira Theatre Arts is proud to present the district's fall play, The Curious Savage. This poignant and touching comedy, directed by Sarah Mizelle, will be presented in Medert Auditorium, 7465 Loannes Drive. Community performances are 7:30 pm Thursday, November 17, 7:30 pm Friday, November 18, and 2 pm and 7:30 pm Saturday, November 19. $10 adult/$8 student (ages 12 and up) tickets are available at Curious Savage tickets or contact Laura Conner at email@example.com for additional ticket information. Come see our talented students in the many facets of a theatre arts production!
- Madeira Music Boosters Spirit wear makes a great gift! We are excited to offer a limited time opportunity for you to purchase Under Armour products. The site will close Sunday, November 20 at midnight, so you have until 11:59 pm 11/20/16 to place orders at Spirit Wear. You can always view our current inventory of spirit wear by visiting madeiramusic.com and following the instructions on the order form. Thank you for supporting the Music Boosters!
- The community is invited to the Empty Bowls Dinner Event on Friday, December 2 from 5 7 pm in the Madeira Middle School cafeteria and gym. Students provide salad, soup, and dessert in exchange for a $5 donation per person or a $10 donation per family. All proceeds go to organizations that aid the fight against poverty, homelessness, and hunger. During the evening students are stationed at interactive booths where they share their research facts, and details about the projects they undertook to raise money for the causes.
- The Madeira Chamber of Commerce presents Light Up Madeira December 3 from 10 am 6 pm. This family fun holiday event features free carriage rides, hot chocolate, tree lighting and Christmas carols. Light Up Madeira is sponsored by the local merchants and businesses listed at Madeirachamber.com.
- Madeira Middle School seventh grade student Ava Cunningham will perform with the Cincinnati Ballet in their production of Frisch's Presents the Nutcracker. It will be performed December 9-18 at the Aronoff Center for the Arts.
- Out of over 450 students from area middle schools who auditioned for Honor Band ensembles, five Madeira Middle School students were selected to participate in the District 14 Junior High Honor Band. Ben Adams (Bassoon), Owen Tucker (French Horn) and Steven Wu (Trumpet) will perform with the 7th Grade Honor Band. Lexi Born (Flute) and Annamarie Rau (Percussion) will perform with the 8th Grade Honor Band.
- MHS Sophomore Matthew Wells recently competed in two regattas for the Cincinnati Junior Rowing Club (CJRC). His 8 man boat captured a gold medal and the 4+ Varsity boat earned a silver medal in the Blake Haxton Regatta in Columbus, Ohio. He also participated in the Head of the Hooch Regatta in Chatanottga, TN, where his boat placed 18th in the 4+ man race.
- There will be no school November 23 - November 25 for Conference Exchange Day and Thanksgiving Break. Classes will resume Monday, November 28. From Madeira City Schools, wishes for a safe and happy Thanksgiving!