Schools and Libraries
October 22, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
- The Madeira Music Boosters are proud to introduce the new 2016 2017 Madeira Spirit Wear items! See them at Spirit Wear or visit us during home football games and other events. The Boosters have also again partnered with Rokkitwear to provide the community with an additional venue to purchase spirit wear that supplements our Spirit Wear shop - including our new Mustang, Amazon and Madeira Athletics logos. Orders are placed and paid for on-line and shipped to your house. There are many designs to choose from - be sure to enter discount code Madeira10 to receive an introductory 10% off of your order. Click Rokkitwear to see Madeira items for sale. If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Dimmitt at 300-6878 or Cherrie Macke at 602.0445 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting our Music Boosters!
- The Madeira Music Boosters annual Chili Supper will be held from 5-7 PM in the MHS cafeteria on Friday, October 21. Come support the boosters before the home game versus Taylor! It will also be Senior Night, where we recognize our fall athletes who will be graduating in the spring.
- The Marching Mustangs competed in the OSU Buckeye Invitational on Saturday, October 15. They placed First in Class B, Best Percussion, Best Music, Best Visual, and Best General Effect earning them a Superior rating. Come watch your outstanding Marching Mustangs perform at the state competition at 10:45 AM on Saturday, October 29 at Hilliard Bradley High School, 2800 Walker Road, Hilliard, Ohio.
- Follow your favorite Mustang and Amazon team(s) throughout the playoffs.
Good luck to our athletes!
- On Friday, October 14, over 400 Madeira High School students and teachers were bused to over 25 different locations in Cincinnati to paint, clean, mulch, plan, organize, file, mail, label and more for the school's annual Day of Service, sponsored by the Madeira Schools Foundation. The Day of Service shows that kindness through service is more than a graduation requirement at Madeira. Every student in Grade 9 though 12 is given the opportunity to sign up to volunteer. For more on the ninth annual event, please see Day of Service.
- Madeira Elementary School students brought their dads or other important males to the second annual Donuts with Dad. Over 800 attendees enjoyed donuts provided by Madeira Kroger and coffee donated by Coffee Please for an hour before school October 18 and 19. The morning's theme was 'Super Hero Dad,' and featured a city-style photo area with comic word and speech bubble props. For a video please see 'Doughnuts With Dad Day 1' .
- On October 19, Madeira High School students participated in a day of seminars and training programs as part of the school's first PSAT/Post Secondary Planning Day. Held in conjunction with National PSAT Day, the entire high school was utilized as students in grades nine through eleven followed a seminar style schedule designed to help expand the role of life after high school with events and activities regarding college and career planning, managing social media, professional leadership skills, career opportunities, and academic skills for success. Seniors used the day to visit colleges, job shadow or finalize applications.
- Madeira Middle School presents the musical Disney Cinderella Kids. Showtimes are October 28 at 7 PM, and October 29 at 2 PM and 7 PM at Madeira Middle School. The play is directed by Kristin Anderson & Rebecca Brewer. To read more please see MMS Musical. For tickets, visit www.mmsmusical.com
- There will be no school Friday, November 4 for a District Inservice Day. For all up to date schedules please see the online calendar on the Home page of our website, www.madeiracityschools.org